Saturday, August 13, 2011

And It Begins...Again.

Sooo....I've been procrastinating on potty training.  it's not that I love changing diapers, it's just that I don't have the patience to work on it for months on end.  I want it over in a week at worst.  Some of you are laughing at me.  But Eric was fully potty trained in less than a week.   So it is possible.  Yes he was over the age of 3 but, hey, it worked for us.  So I've been waiting for the day that Matthew decides he's done with diapers.  Looks like that might be today.

He came running and crying to me about his diaper this morning.  He said he was stinky, but was grabbing the front of the diaper.  I checked him and it was fine.  I didn't understand what was wrong.  I asked him if he wanted to go potty and he ripped the diaper off and took off running to the bathroom.  I picked him up and held him on the toilet where he happily sat for a little while then jumped off.  He didn't do anything so I went to go get his ripped off diaper since I had JUST put it on.  The urine was still warm.  He knew he had to go, but I didn't get the message in time.  I decided to put a new diaper on him, but he told me no.  I opened up a drawer that I had JUST filled with underwear yesterday.  He got excited about cookie monster and Elmo and gladly put on a pair of underwear.  Now I have an unpotty trained child running around in underoos.  I don't know how this is going to go.  My hope is, is that he will hate being wet, which I suspect he will, and we will be potty trained shortly.  And I'm praying this isn't a day of cleaning up too much urine. 

Can't believe we're already at this point! 

No comments:

Post a Comment