Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Deliriously Happy



For the past couple of months I have been planning a reunion with 3 of my friends from Harding.  Every time we talk and make plans I get immensely giddy like a kid at Christmas.  I didn't realize how much I have missed everybody.  I haven't been back to Harding since 2000....so this is a big deal to me.  Getting the chance to re-live those college days will be so refreshing.  I've been thinking a lot about the relationships I formed there.   How you really become family because you are stuck living with each other.  You go through a lot with the people you meet at college.  Outside of immediate family, these are the people who see you at your worst, who take care of you when you are sick, who encourage you when you are sad, who call you up to go find trouble in sleepy little towns.  I miss that period in my life.  I wish all of life could be like that.  College is the only time in your life where you are living in a community of people your age, who are doing the exact same thing you are doing, which seems to make things much easier on many different levels.  Seeing these people again will be like seeing family.  It is already bringing me so much joy I can hardly contain it.  These people are so much a part of me.  I am so grateful for Facebook which brought us all out of our corners of the world and connected us.  It is a sad thing to lose contact with someone and not know how or where to find them.  Facebook makes that so easy.  And I'm thankful that everyone's spouses (including mine) are releasing them to have this little weekend get-away.  I have a feeling we'll spend a lot of time planning when we're going to get together again, except with our families!  I know there will be a future blog about the trip.  I just had to get some of this excitement out tonight so I could get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment