Friday, April 9, 2010

Art!

John had me trapped in the living room, using me as a pillow for that nap he didn't want to take- *rolls eyes*  :) - and so I got caught up watching LA Ink.  For those of you not familiar with the show, it's about a tattoo shop.  The art work is really so amazing!  I realized that there are so many different art forms that I would love to try.  I want to do them all!  I've tried a variety of things, oil painting, acrylic painting, watercolor, pottery, drawing, weaving (which I loved to my surprise), different types of sewing (which I hated), photography...but I'd like to try the more eccentric forms of art like tattooing as well.  Not that I want to be a tattoo artist or even have the ability, but I would love to just try it - if even on a pig - to see what it's like.  I also want to try screen printing and graffiti and oh I don't know - sculpture maybe?

I LOVE this artist, Phil Hansen.  He is so utterly creative in the media he uses to convey a message, which I think is amazing.  You can check him out here http://philinthecircle.com/index.html. It's hard to pick my favorite piece but you can check out how he uses bicycles as paintbrushes, band-aids as canvas and syringes as media. 

 I'll also plug Mike Lewis, better known as the Jesus Painter to many of you.  We went to Harding together and I got to see his work firsthand.  He developed new art techniques as well which fascinate me to no end.  http://www.jesuspainter.com/.  How amazing is he?


This is NOT a photograph.  It is done entirely with a mix of Charcoal, Colored pencil, Conte Crayon, Watercolor, Ink, and Pastels.

Ok.  That's it.  I was just in an artsy mood after watching LA Ink!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment