Sunday, July 11, 2010

BAD idea

If you are choosing to go with whole, natural foods - you need to STAY eating whole natural foods. 

I spent 6 weeks in Australia where my host families fed me more food than I thought was humanely possible to consume.  I was positive I was gaining weight pound by pound with every meal.  When my friends and I left and hit the States for the first time, we decided Outback Steakhouse was the perfect solution to cure our sadness for having to leave Australia.  We were sick as dogs.  Why?  Because we had been eating whole, natural foods for 6 weeks.  And I had lost weight.

I had forgotten about that until today.  I've made the switch for - what is it? - ONE week now?  And not even completely.  Remember, I'm still clearing out the cabinets and slowly replacing as I go along.  I had told John I wasn't eating out anymore, but he had night shift last night, so after church I took the boys out for lunch to kill a little more time before heading home.  I decided on Smokey Bones, since we don't eat there often.  Still being conscious of making good food choices, I chose the salmon and perhaps a not-so-good choice of mashed potatoes and gravy.  Though tempted to order sweet tea, I was good and ordered water.  I ate HALF the salmon and a little over half the potatoes before I felt STUFFED.  It was all I had had to eat all day.  I spent the rest of the afternoon feeling uncomfortable and slightly miserable. 

Moral of the story?  This is a "diet" you have to stick with!  Your body can definitely tell you what it wants.  I find it hard to believe that it only took a week for my body to start cleaning itself out.  It was an eye-opener for me today and I think it has made the decision to stay on board with this plan very easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment