Ok, my faithful Team Jillian! Has everyone cleaned out their cabinets of all processed foods with additives? Hmmm..I didn't think so you slackers! Tsk, tsk....on to the next part anyways: restoring foods that trigger your fat-loss hormones.
-dried beans are better than canned
-crushing, chopping, or chewing garlic helps release allinase enzymes, which trigger many of its beneficial actions.
-try to eat these raw - allinase can be deactivated by heat
- pair garlic with olive oil to release even more helpful organosulfur compounds.
-leeks take the best aspects of garlic and onion and combine them with fiber. Great food choice.
3. Berries - Best choice - all of them!
-organic is a must. Berries are among the most pesticide-laden fruits.
4. Meat and eggs - Best choice: Alaskan wild salmon
Eat the rainbow people!
-cooking tomatoes concentrates their power
- in contrast, many other veggies lose their potency with cooking
6. Cruciferous vegetables. Best choice - broccoli.
I found this interesting: Don't cook broccoli on the stove - microwave it instead. You'll preserve 90 percent of the vitamin C, versus 66 percent with boiling or steaming.
7. Dark green leafy vegetables - Best choice is spinach
-use baby spinach for salads and mature spinach for cooking
8. Nuts and seeds. Best choices: Almonds and walnuts.
-crush flaxseeds before you eat them; otherwise they'll pass through your digestive system without being absorbed.
-eat nuts raw whenever possible -roasting nuts can damage their fats.
9. Organic Dairy. Yes organic....I'll do a separate organic blog. Best choice: Organic low-fat plain yogurt.
*all information taken from Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels, chapter 6* To learn which foods trigger specific hormones - pick up your own copy!